OMEGA: great storyline, endearing characters and a series full of potential.


I'm not a professional reviewer, but I'm going to give my opinion in the format of a review:

The book is about a fantastic/epic story that reminds me a lot of some games, books and movies I love like Harry Potter or Final Fantasy; it's about a boy called Luke looking for its identity while attending Alexander Academy, the biggest and most prestigious school of the Nexus continent. In the way he'll meet Yuna, a righteous and determined blonde girl who would do anything to maintain justice; Jett, a shy but brave young titan that has a passion for baking; and Ella, an attentive and sincere druid that doesn't thinks twice before aiding those in need. Together, they'll encounter many difficulties as their journey begins in their first year at Alexander Academy, in a fantastical world filled with magic and technology, where war and fear threatens to alter peace and order. Luke, under the command of his loyal butler Alonzo Nolan, trains everyday to dominate the strange supernatural power he inherited from their missing parents and discover the true potential of his capabities.

I can't remember when, but when this book caught my attention the first time I was on Instagram, looking for something to do when I saw a post of Yuna's design, it looked so fresh that I had to hit that follow button, many months passed to reach the day when I finished the book and I have to say that I absolutely loved it from beginning to end.

The first thing I loved about the book was the simplicity of its language, yet the complexity of its content; since I'm not a native English speaker I was concerned I was going to get confused at certain points, but it was written in a way that I could both understand and fully grasp the many events; even if you ARE used to read in English you won't feel it's too simplistic.
I love watching anime, and if there's something I like about these characters is that they feel like the characters I used to love in my shows as a kid; they care about each other, fight for each other and risk their lifes to help the innocent people in their surroundings; their interactions is also a strong point, even if it feels a bit cliché, there are many fun parts that has that japanese feel, which made me feel a bit nostalgic and also realize the author's influences.
Although we really couldn't tell much of the devolopment of the characters since it's the first book, I like to see that they try to become better everyday, they have the will to change and are determined to fight for the common good; the clearest example without too many spoilers is when Jett asked to train alongside Luke with Alonzo, which made him unleash part of his titan strength which helped him accomplish an important deed in a future chapter.
And I cannot praise enough the work of Sen-Jou for designing the characters, his art style really fits well with the personality and the nature of the characters.

As for the negative points (which in my opinion are only a few), the story sometimes leads the characters to fight too much without resting, that makes the events feel a bit  overcharged with unnecessary action; in this occasion I feel it was okay since it was necessary for the plot to develop, but I'm concerned that the content might feel a bit erratic, that's where the Ying and Yang concept applies for me, balance is key.
There were also a few gramatical errors that I already reported to the author, aside from that, it was pretty clean.

If you love modern fantasy books, light novels or you simply like anime, I highly recommend this one to you. It has all the requirements that the beginning of a great series must have.

Final rating:

Gramatical content 4.4/5
Characters 5/5
Storyline 4.5/5
Artwork 5/5

A series full of potential is what brought me here, and a really good first book is what I got, if you ask me these series has a bright future ahead.

WHERE TO BUY IT>>> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DYJ2YN4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_nZtCDb2N047G5

CREATOR'S INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT>>>https://instagram.com/omegalightnovelseries?igshid=dodj717k6pxg

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Why are young villains better?

Agus das minhocas